Tuesday, September 16, 2008

No Hot Water!

On Sunday Morning, September 14, 2008, we discovered that we had very little hot water. And then we discovered water all over the floor on the service porch. Yes, the water heater was leaking. It forced me to throw away some useless paper, catalogs and magazines that were in a box on the floor. On Monday morning I called the plumber and they came out on Tuesday morning and replaced the water heater. They would have come Monday but we had to go the Grandpa's Compton High School reunion lunch. And 900 + dollars later we again have hot water and the water heater does not rumble anymore. Oh yes, all of the stuff from the service porch is in the kitchen. There was a blessing in disguise - I threw away a bunch of stuff. I also discovered my canning pot and a large soup pot. I will get rid of them if nobody wants them. Let me know if you are interested.

No comments: